Volvo Hybrid Concept
Benefits both customers and the environment
Volvo has developed a hybrid solution for heavy vehicles that combines the diesel engine with an electric motor. The truck can accelerate under electric power alone, which promotes lower fuel consumption, lower emissions and lower noise levels.
Saves fuel and the environment
Although the concept is still under development, the results so far are very promising. Calculations indicate that fuel savings can amount to 20-30 percent - with corresponding reduction on environmental impact.
Hybrid feature and performance:
- Considerable fuel consumption reduction potential.
- Recuperates braking energy for storage and later use.
- No emissions when in electric motor mode.
- Low noise when in electric mode.
- Reduced wear on brakes, lower maintenance costs.