Supplied by Dennison Commercials Ltd. of Ballyclare, the stunning high-specification tractor unit is not only a tribute to 25 years of Volvo’s FH, it also provides a fitting tribute to the owner, John Adams’ late wife, Gillian Marie, who sadly passed away in 2015. Next year – 2019 – would have marked the couple’s 25th wedding anniversary and John wanted to celebrate her life by dedicating the new unique flagship to her.
Painted in a Mammoth Tree Metallic colour and finished off with special airbrushing, the Adams Transport’s Volvo FH 25 Year Special Edition is powered by a D13K engine producing 540hp. The 6x2 pusher axle tractor unit also benefits from front air suspension.
Above this is a range topping Globetrotter XL Cab, with a 25-Year interior, which prioritises safety in a luxury surrounding. This combination is manifested by orange details in everything from seat belt stitches to curtains, carpets and reflective safety door decals. To enhance a great driving experience, the seats combine quilt and leather to offer exceptional comfort and design. The FH’s striking exterior is finished off perfectly by Alcoa Dura-Bright alloy wheels.
- ENDS -
Notes for Editors :
1. To celebrate the introduction of the Volvo FH in 1993 - a quarter of a century ago - Volvo Trucks has recently released a Volvo FH 25-Year Special Edition.
2. Available as either an FH or an FH16, the special vehicle is characterised by its distinctive exterior and interior design, superb driver comfort and state-of-the-art additional features.
3. The Volvo FH has been one of the industry's most successful models ever with over 1 million trucks sold since launch, creating a way of life for millions of drivers all over the world.
4. The Volvo FH 25 Year Special Edition is not only a celebration of the truck itself, but also a tribute to all the customers and drivers who have been driving this icon for the past 25 years.
5. The exterior of this special edition is best described as contemporary with a retro twist. The silver/grey and orange décor highlights the truck's origin and the striping forms the number 25 to signal the anniversary. The striping combines 3D effects and shadows to echo the design trend of the early 1990s and gives the truck a distinct retro look.
6. There are two launch colours, one darker, cool grey tone (Mammoth Tree Metallic) and a shiny red (Crimson Pearl), the latter a modern tribute to the original 1993 red launch colour.
For more information, please contact :
Nigel Hanwell, Press Officer, Volvo Trucks UK & Ireland
Tel: +44 (0) 1926 414210
Mobile: +44 (0) 7831 817083
Fax: +44 (0) 1926 414386