Energy & Environment is an essential tool in Volvo Connect for fleet managers looking to boost the productivity and energy efficiency of their electric trucks. Available only with the Volvo fleet management system, this service provides a clear overview of how the electric vehicles are used, including their energy consumption, driving distance and much more. Customized reports make it easy to monitor the performance of electric trucks and the efficiency of drivers, as well as quickly identify and follow up on areas of improvement. Driver Coaching, available as an option, gives drivers real-time feedback on their efficiency as they drive and is a great way to help improve and maintain their technique.
How do you make the best use of an electric truck? The key is to maximize the time between charging stops. But with so many different factors influencing energy consumption, from the types of routes the vehicles drive on to the skill of drivers, knowing how to make improvements can be a challenge. Energy & Environment makes sense of this data and gives fleet managers the insights they need to optimize the performance of their fleet.
• Get a clear overview of energy consumption, driving distance and much more for electric trucks and drivers
• Get in-depth reports on energy consumption highlighting cost improvement areas and supporting consistent savings over time
• Receive automated and customized e-mail reports on a regular basis
• Follow up on driver and fleet performance from any smart device
• Choose the driver Coaching option to improve and maintain the driverʼs performance and energy efficiency (requires INFODF or INFONDF)
The Energy Efficiency Score is rated 0–100 and displays truck and driver performance from an energy efficiency perspective in four key areas:
• Anticipation and brake use
• Driveline utilization
The Energy Efficiency Score also makes it possible to compare different vehicle applications (e.g., construction and distribution).
The Energy Efficiency Report is an interactive tool for analyzing the efficiency of the complete fleet, individual vehicles, or individual drivers. The report overview gives instant feedback on the areas of improvement. Vehicles and drivers are ranked based on their score. The trend report combines the Energy Efficiency Score with energy consumption for up to 13 months to track results over time. On mobile devices, a simplified view of the Energy & Environment service is always on hand via the Volvo Connect app.